Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.
Many people don’t think it is worthwhile to know anything about the last days. Some think because they are doing their Christian stuff that when Jesus returns He will praise them and some will be correct about that. The above verse precedes the parable of the talents. However their will be many who won’t be doing their Christian stuff. The will tell you that they are doing their Christian stuff and you may even think they are but they are not. Jesus says, “Watch therefore…” so He is telling us to watch. With that in mind I just would like to summarize John’s Revelation starting with Chapter 6.
We begin with Jesus opening the Seven Seals.
1. White horse, rider with a bow but no arrows and a conqueror.
2. Red horse, great sword and war.
3. Black horse, famine and inflation
4. Pale horse, death by sword, plague and wild animals which is interesting in itself.
5. Great persecution – the saints are beheaded. They will probably be blamed for the first 4 seals.
6. Great calamity like an earthquake plus. The unbelievers cower. They know God is doing it all.
7. Power is now handed over to the Seven Trumpets.
We have Seven angels blowing seven trumpets.
1. 1/3 of the earth is burned
2. 1/3 of the sea creatures died + ships destroyed.
3. Water made bitter and people die.
4. 1/3 of the incoming light will stopped
5. Only people without God’s seal will be harmed. People in pain but no death. Maybe nerve gas.
6. 1/3 of mankind killed.
7. The 7th trumpet signals a time for praise in Heaven. I believe that this will be the rapture of the Saints.
Rev 11:18 The nations raged, but your wrath came, and the time for the dead to be judged, and for rewarding your servants, the prophets and saints, and those who fear your name, both small and great, and for destroying the destroyers of the earth.”
Rev 11:19 Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail.
Also Paul says 1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.
The LAST TRUMPET which I think is the 7th trumpet above in Revelation.
The Seven Bowls.
1. Painful sores on those with the Mark of the Beast
2. Every living thing in the sea died.
3. All fresh water becomes blood.
4. The sun scorches the earth.
5. Total darkness descends on the earth.
6. Armies assemble at Armegeddon
7. Hailstones, Islands wiped out, mountains razed.
In between the descriptions of all that can go wrong are some interludes. Interlude 1 is at Chapter 7. This describes the calling and sealing of the 144,000 – 12,000 from each tribe of Israel. This 144,000 is mentioned again in Chapter 14.
Interlude 2 is at Chapter 10 and John is given a secret.
Interlude 3 is at Chapter 11 and describes the 2 witnesses.
Rev 11:3 And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.
Rev 11:5 And if anyone would harm them, fire pours from their mouth and consumes their foes. If anyone would harm them, this is how he is doomed to be killed.
Rev 11:6 They have the power to shut the sky, that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying, and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague, as often as they desire.
Rev 11:7 And when they have finished their testimony, the beast that rises from the bottomless pit will make war on them and conquer them and kill them,
Many believe they will have their ministry in the first 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation period. I tend to agree with this. The major question is who are these 2 people. They could be Elijah and Enoch since neither of them died. They could be people who are alive now and are in the likeness of Moses and Elijah. Either way they are a marker in the tribulation that we are underway. They will be killed and 3 days later they will rise from the dead.
Interlude 4 in Chapter 12 is a sweeping history of Satan and his pursuit of the Israelite s and of course Jesus Himself when He was on earth 2000 years ago.
Interlude 5 is Chapter 13 and tells us the rise of The beast from the sea. He will be Hitler, Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot all rolled into one. After him will come the beast of the earth – the false prophet and he will compel people to worship the first beast.
Ok that is the summary of the end. There is much unrest in the world at the moment. Many governments are going bankrupt and people are losing their jobs. Many young people around the world cannot even find jobs. Protests are rising in many countries. The USA is losing its power and this is emboldening Putin in Russia. We could be on the verge but all we can o is watch.